Position: Accountant Financial Analyst
Category: Regular Full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
The Accountant/Financial Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day financial transaction recording, operations and follow-up for both Titus Inc. and Titus International Inc.. The Accountant/Financial Analyst will be expected to take ownership of the full accounting-cycle and from time-to-time be tasked with expense and revenue analysis to support management decision-making.
In this multi-faceted role, the Accountant/Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Completion of transactional processing related to customer payments, account receivables, capital expenditures, accrued liabilities, prepaids, banking as well as for other GL accounts -- direct data entry to the GL is required.
- Creating and owning reconciliations, continuity schedules and other ad hoc analysis to better manage business (ex. MDF spend, employee expenses, travel costs).
- Handling the full payable cycle -> Create purchase orders based on corporate POR requirements, process payable invoices and prepare wire/cheque payments.
- Processing multi-currency invoices in a timely manner and interact with Sales and Sales Operations through the invoicing process to ensure GL coding and all related backup is accurate and complete.
- Account receivable collection process and be accountable to management for ensuring customer accounts remain in good-standing.
- Managing, and completing, account transactions as they pertain to incoming and outgoing cash activity in company bank accounts and credit card activity – including cash deposits and withdrawals from bank.
- Managing short term cash flow and providing required updates.
- Titus International Inc. operations as it relates to invoicing and various reporting activities.
- HST filings & compliance.
- Expense reporting processing on a semi-monthly basis.
- Assisting with annual audit.
- Processing semi-monthly payroll and ensuring all statutory withholdings, remittances and filings are processed for compliance purposes (excluding foreign payrolls).
- Maintain functionality of accounting software (daily FX rates, opening/closing system, regular clean-up).
- Completing all vendor specific, and tax related, forms and ad hoc paperwork.
- University degree or college diploma in accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years related experience of which 3 years of direct experience in transaction reporting and analysis roles.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to work autonomously.
- A self-starter, proven team player, who can work across multiple disciplines in the organization in order to build processes and systems.
- Organization a focus on accuracy and timeliness and efficiency are key required attributes.
- Enrolled in a professional accounting designation program (CGA).
- Solid knowledge of Sage Accounting System (Simply Accounting) a must with knowledge of Sales Force (CRM) a definite asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org
TITUS solutions enable organizations to classify, protect and confidently share their information, and meet regulatory compliance requirements by identifying and securing unstructured data. TITUS Classification Suite includes the leading email, document and file classification and marking solutions that enhance data loss prevention by involving end users in identifying sensitive information. TITUS solutions are trusted by over 2 million users within more than 600 organizations in 60 countries around the world. Our customers include Dell, Nokia, Dow Corning, United States Air Force, NATO, Pratt and Whitney, Canadian Department of National Defence, Australian Department of Defence, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Visit www.titus.com for more information.