It’s 4:15am on Sat Nov 10th and I’m on my way to the airport in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. With little sleep due to last minute preparations, my colleagues and I are headed to Las Vegas for the biggest SharePoint conference in the world: the Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012 or SPC12.
There’s a lot of buzz and excitement around this show. They expect over 10,000 attendees, which will be a 25% increase over last year’s showing of 7500! A brand new major release is making a huge splash here: Microsoft SharePoint 2013! We knew this was coming but Microsoft surprised us with the RTM a few weeks ago. With a new look, major additions on the development side with the new App model, and lots of new enhancements like social and media features, SharePoint 2013 is expected to be spoken about in every single session and at every booth.
They’ve got over 300 sessions scheduled, with an amazing selection. Going threw the session list over the last week using the MySPC site was tough because so many good sessions were happening at the same time! I was happy to see that a little over 10% of sessions were on topics related to Security, Governance or Risk.
TITUS will be there in full force! We’re very excited and have some great new features to show.
If your interested in:
- securing information in SharePoint at a fine grained level
- raising awareness about sensitive content, with automatic visual security labels on Office or PDF documents
- enforcing access control policies in SharePoint so that sensitive content can sit beside non-sensitive content
- denying access to specific users even if they’re part of groups that have access
- enforcing security automatically and dynamically using metadata and/or claims and without impacting performance
- managing security policies at the site collection, site or library/list levels
- auditing permissions and policy administration by administrators
…then come check out our fantastic new capabilities in the TITUS SharePoint Security Suite!
We’ll be at booth #865 and we’d love to meet up during the show.