At TITUS, we provide classification tools for users of Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint. Our tools for Microsoft Office allow users to assign classifications to documents, spreadsheets and presentations as they are being created, while our SharePoint products allow administrators to set policy to classify and label documents as they are added to libraries within SharePoint.
In order to easily demonstrate some of our product functionality to customers, we decided to build a demonstration cloud classification service. The beauty of the cloud is that it can be accessed from anywhere, at any time – an ideal platform for people who want to quickly and easily try classification.
The TITUS Cloud Classification Service supports classification of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007/2010 documents, as well as Adobe PDF documents. The service allows users to test the following functionality (which is also available in TITUS desktop classification solutions):
Embedding classification information into a file
- Add persistent TITUS metadata to the document, which will travel with the file in the future
- Prevent data loss with other security solutions such as DLP or email gateway solutions, which can detect TITUS metadata
Add classification visual markings to a document
- Write the classification into the header, footer and watermarks of the document to raise awareness of the document’s classification and communicate proper information handling
- Meet government and military marking requirements such as CAPCO, CUI and GPMS
Add your own visual markings to the document
- Write any text into the header, footer and watermark of the document to communicate information such as document ownership or proper handling procedures
Though we would not encourage submission of sensitive documents to this cloud, none of the documents uploaded to the cloud are retained by TITUS. The documents are destroyed after they have been returned to the user.
If you are interested in finding out more about the service or how it could be customized for your organization’s specific needs, please contact us.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!